STAR Certified Smog Check Station in Los Gatos, California
Los Gatos Smog is a smog shop licensed by the State of California, and also designated as a STAR Certified Smog Check Station by the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR). STAR Certified stations are smog check stations that meet higher performance standards established by the BAR.
When Do You Need A Smog Check?
The state of California requires motorists to have their vehicles inspected periodically to meet the state’s regulations and commitment to keep California air as clean as possible. The following are the most common occasions when a smog check is needed:
- DMV registration renewal (once every 2 years)
- Selling a vehicle (if last smog was more than 90 days old)
- Registering out of state vehicles to California
Which Type of Vehicles Require A Smog Check?
Majority of vehicles on the road today require smog checks. The most common types are:
- Gas-powered vehicles (model years 1976 and newer)
- Diesel-powered vehicles (model years 1998 and newer, and gross weight up to 14,000 pounds)
- Hybrid-powered vehicles (model years 2000 and newer)
Although most types of vehicles in California require smog checks, there are some EXCEPTIONS:
- New vehicles within the first 6 model years
- Change of ownership for vehicles within the first 4 model years
- Two-cylinder vehicles
- Electric powered vehicles
- Two-cycle-powered vehicles (not including rotary engines)
Why Trust Los Gatos Smog?
With our “STAR Certified” designation and our license from the State of California, our technicians are well trained to provide quick and precise tests for your vehicle. We have been in business since 2007 and have many customers praising our hard work, knowledge, honesty, and friendliness of our customer-oriented staff. You can easily read the reviews we’ve received by visiting our profile on YELP.
Drop your car by our shop today! No appointment necessary.
If you prefer to make an appointment, please call: 1-408-354-SMOG (7664)